Saturday, January 18, 2014

Carefree Was The Way To Be!

Remember when life was all about how much time could we spend outside with our friends? When the saddest thing we had to deal with was when the sun started to go down and our mothers would be yelling our name from the front door to tell us it was time to come in?

I remember those days and boy do I miss them! For Christmas my grandmother got me the best shirt I have ever owned in my life time! Stylish? No. Expensive? Not possible. Perfect saying? Totally!

What's it say??
"As kids we couldn't wait to grow up
wow, were we stupid"
Is that not beyond true? Me, there wasn't a single day that went by that I wasn't praying, wishing, and impatiently waiting for the day I grew up and became an "Adult".  Now, there isn't a single day that goes by that I am not praying, wishing, and impatiently waiting for the day a time machine is invented so that I can go back to being a kid again!

I ask myself, "Why the heck did I ever want to be an Adult?"

Working?
Bills?
Responsibilities?

There wasn't any of that stuff in my fantasies of adulthood.  Probably because it was never really something I saw.  Well the struggle side at least.  Yes my mom would have to go off to work, for long long hours, but it was something she loved to do so she didn't complain much.  Of course we had bills, but its not something she openly shared with her young children, so I was quite naive to them all together.  Responsibilities, pretty much just like bills, naive from lack of knowledge.

Now being grown does have its perks, but I have yet to find one that is better than living a life carefree like a child does.

No comments:

Post a Comment